Monday, April 11, 2011

Panasonic Rice Cookers - A Foodie's Closest friend


Did you ever hear of Panasonic and National? Actually, fundamental essentials same Japanese manufacturer. Recently they chose to unify both brands underneath the Panasonic umbrella, that is more known internationally. My home is Japan and that i own a mature National fridge, and not long ago i purchased a Panasonic rice cooker.

Using a rice cooker in your own home is really a blast! I'd any doubt on whether I ought to purchase a Panasonic or perhaps a Zojirushi. Well, both work like every other model available on the market. Wash and soak the rice, add water, press start and you're simply done.

Apart from cooking rice, these cookers also provide menus to warm rice and also to steam vegetables. The warming mode will warm any foods stored for approximately 12 hours. The interior pot and inside lid will both emerge, that is very useful to wash up. Two fundamental accessories that arrived were the vegetable stand, to steam cook vegetables, along with a plastic spatula to seize rice, which amazingly won't get rice stuck on.

The Panasonic design is fairly easy and plain. They'll match most kitchen countertops available. And that i have to be truthful. Although my loved ones has two Zojirushi cookers in your own home, I made a decision to purchase a Panasonic model depending on price and electricity consumption -- there is a small difference on aspects favoring Panasonic. If both of these factors will also be vital that you you, I will tell you I've owned a Panasonic rice cooker within the last 6 months and that i utilize it almost everyday.

I've got a white, 3-cup cooker. It blends in well despite my Tiger denki potto (electric water kettle), the industry different brand. Mine, though, is kept within the fridge rather than over-the-counter. The one thing I have to do to be able to clean my rice cooker would be to wipe it once per week to eliminate dust.

Panasonic or National, it won't really make a difference. You'll find exactly the same Japanese quality both in brands.